COVID-19 Resource Hub
Food & Nutrition Resources
La Porte County Food Resources
We realize that COVID-19 has an impact on families in
La Porte County and we want to ensure that no family goes
without food. Below are some local food resources.
Need help finding food assistance for you and your family?
Don’t wait – act now.
Click here for a list of local township trustees. Trustees can assist with locating food resources and assisting with other needs.
Click here to apply for SNAP benefits.
Dial Indiana’s 2-1-1 service or view their website here.
Children's Food Resources
More information coming the summer of 2022!
Meals for Seniors and Disabled Residents
La Porte County Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels will deliver to disabled and elderly in La Porte County.
Please sign up on-line. Delivery takes two days to begin
Women, Infants & Children (WIC) La Porte County, IN
What is WIC?
- WIC is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children eat well and stay healthy, including buying formula for your infants.
- Pregnant Women
- New moms (up to six months after delivery)
- Breastfeeding moms (up to one year after delivery)
- Infants (babies under the age of one)
- Children under the age of 5
- You must live in Indiana, be a United States citizen or Qualified Alien (if age 18 or over), and meet income guidelines
What does WIC provide?
- Healthy foods designed to meet special nutrition needs
- Nutrition and health screening and assessment
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Breastfeeding support, including breastfeeding moms receiving more nutritious foods from WIC and mom-to-mom support from Peer Counselors; and
- Referrals to other Indiana health, family, and social services.
How do I apply?
Please contact the closest WIC Clinic to you
Monday: 9 am - 5:30 pm